[Owncloud] csync_timediff.ctmp

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 20:39:23 UTC 2012

Hi,

I can see that when the client makes a sync with the server (ie every 5
seconds), it creates a file named "csync_timediff.ctmp" both on the server
and client and then removes it.

So each 5 seconds for each client, there's file created and deleted.  Do we
really need this file to understand time difference? Why doesn't the client
just ask the server with a method "what time it is over there?"

I'm not sure if this will be a good solution when there are many (ie tens,
hundreds, thousands) of clients on the servers.

It seems this bug is related to this problem as well:
http://bugs.owncloud.org/thebuggenie/owncloud/issues/oc-736

--
Emre