[Owncloud] Client Work Methodology - Server Participation?

Emre Erenoglu erenoglu at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 15:23:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I would like to understand how the client works for the sync job. What I'm
especially interested is to understand if the server side participates in
the "change detection" process, or if it's just the client who access the
server, check status of each file and then compare with what it has locally.

For example, in Unison, the server & client side check files on their side,
then they share the change info between each other and decide which files
to sync to which way.

I feel that "server" participation is very important when you're over slow
links (ie if your server is on a not-so-fast vps), since accessing status
of each file over webdav can be pretty slow.

Many thanks for any insights,
--
Emre