[Owncloud] Setting up owncloud with PostgreSQL

Saint Germain saintger at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 22:22:36 UTC 2012

On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 10:30:35 +0200, Daniel Köb <daniel.koeb at peony.at>
wrote :

> Hi,
>
> Quoting Saint Germain <saintger at gmail.com>:
> > It seems that Mr Koeb has more or less managed to install it and
> > use it:
> > http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/owncloud/2011-December/001903.html
>
> Not just more or less. It actually works :-)

I'm jealous.

> > Mr Koeb can you confirm that you have managed to use owncloud
> > with PostgreSQL ?
>
> I have set up ownCloud about half a year ago and did not have the
> time to update it to the current version, so I doubt that my approach
> is still working. Back then I made some small changes to
> lib/setup.php which I attached for reference. But you won't be able
> to apply this patch to git master as lib/setup.php has changed in the
> meantime.

Unfortunately I think your patch won't help me here.
I am having problem just connecting to PostgreSQL (even before providing
any login/password) and I don't understand why.

I'm at the point where I will try to use just a small wrapper of PHP to
try to connect directly with command-line to see what happen.
Unfortunately I don't know PHP at all...

Best regards,