[Owncloud] coding errors

Stephen Rees-Carter stephen at rees-carter.net
Sun Jan 29 22:48:56 UTC 2012

There are plenty :)

http://jenkins-php.org/ outlines how to set up a full testing suite
for the Jenkins Continuous Integration build server.
I use this at work for check and validate all my code, as well as
running a full suite of unit tests.

It takes a bit of effort to get it running, but once it is configured,
it's a set-and-forget type system.
It will automatically alert when there are broken tests and invalid
code so you know you've broken something quickly, and you can easily
see the number of coding style violations and issues.

Thanks,
~Stephen

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Andreas Schneider <asn at cryptomilk.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 24 January 2012 20:21:56 Dirk Kastens wrote:
>> Sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't care how you write your code. What I
>> mean is, that at least the person who assembles all the bits of code should
>> do some kind of debugging and error correction before uploading it. A
>> missing semicolon or closing tag could have the strangest effects.
>> > Speaking for the many thousands of programmers using VIM to write PHP:
>> >
>> > "My goodness, why didn't anyone tell me this earlier?"
>
> Are there no compilers or static code analyzers for PHP?
>
> --
> Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
> www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org

Stephen Rees-Carter ~ Valorin
http://stephen.rees-carter.net/