[Owncloud] Simpler LDAP auth

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Jan 27 09:40:04 UTC 2012

Hi Wogan,

> After pulling my hair out trying to get the default LDAP auth plugin
> configured, I went ahead and wrote a simpler replacement. All it does is
> clean up the username, and attempt to bind to AD with the credentials
> provided at login.

What's so difficult with the LDAP plugin? If you use the latest
development version, it works like a charm.

> The plugin could be made even more efficient, I'm sure.

I think, your version is a bit too "efficient". You are missing the LDAP
options (PROTOCOL_VERSION = 3) and you don't use SSL/TLS connections.
Encryption should be mandatory for authentication.

Dirk