[Owncloud] coding errors

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Tue Jan 24 15:08:27 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just loaded the latest owncloud code into "Eclipse for PHP Developers"
(just want to see how it works and maybe write some apps).
The debugger found many errors and warnings. The main errors are a
result of the js files, that consist of a single line! This might have
happened while uploading the files. But there are also many warnings
regarding missing or wrong html tags or missing grammar constraints in
xml files.

I don't want to sound like a smartass, but I've written a drupal
application with thousands of lines of php. I know that it's nearly
impossible to write so many lines without a framework like eclipse with
its editors and debuggers. The code might work, but if it crashes it
will be hard to find the error.

Dirk