[Owncloud] Accessing files outside the users home folder

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Jan 20 16:57:03 UTC 2012

On 20.01.2012 17:13, Thomas Tanghus wrote:

Hi,

> As the lazy SOB that I am, I still haven't read through the code to figure out
> how the OC_Filesystem API works. Which brings me to the point that as
> OC_Filesystem is the foundation upon which ownCloud is build, it really should
> be better documented. I know for a fact that there are other lazy coders out
> there, who will take a shortcut and create a custom solution, rather than
> figuring out the internals work - and what the bigger vision is.
Yes, I very much agree for this and for other dev-topics as well, for
example how do we integrate Sabre code, the way we use and update the
database, how does OC_Template work etc.

I don't want to blame anybody as I know that is hard to do, but
especially as we broaden the dev community we wont survive without...
Maybe a blog series "Insights of ownCloud Development" or so with
respective Wiki pages are a way to go?

regards,

Klaas