[Owncloud] sabre dav and ldap users

Dirk Kastens dkastens at uos.de
Fri Jan 20 13:14:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to access my owncloud addressbook with carddav, but it
doesn't work. I'm using the user_ldap app for authentication. As soon as
I try to access /apps/contacts/carddav.php, apache logs the error message

"GET /apps/contacts/carddav.php/principals HTTP/1.1" 404 283

(404 means "Resource not found").

When I enter the carddav url into a webbrowser, I have to authenticate.
This seems to work. Then I see two folders "principals" and
"addressbooks". But when I click on either of the folders, the browser
returns

<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
<s:exception>Sabre_DAV_Exception_FileNotFound</s:exception>
<s:message>Principal with name dkastens not found</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.5.4</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

When I disable the user_ldap app and authenticate with a local user,
everything works fine. Doesn't sabre work with ldap accounts?

Dirk