[Owncloud] Contact sync with Google phone

Jan Seynaeve jan.seynaeve at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:14:20 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I have installed ownCloud for a couple of weeks now and it's looking
very slick, and way easier to install and use then Horde which I'm
still using until ownCloud is ready for take-over ;-)

Anyways, i had a very specific questions about contact sync. I've
installed CardDAV-Sync (from dmfs) and got it connected to my ownCloud
server alright.
I also have my phone sync'ed with google contacts (well, it did that
already for me). Now, if i add a new contact, it syncs fine with
ownCloud, but the "Google" contacts don't sync with ownCloud. Anybody
that has the same desire to sync all of that up? Is it possible? Or
can i export from Google and import it all in ownCloud?

cheers and thx already for the nice work,
Jan.