[Owncloud] Integrating MediaTomb

Frank Karlitschek karlitschek at kde.org
Wed Jan 18 10:13:26 UTC 2012

Hi Mark,

thats a cool idea. This would be very helpful for ownCloud users to stream media via upnp and dlna.

The problem is that ownCloud is pure php and we donĀ“t want to include any binary code into ownCloud itself.
But we could build an ownCloud "App" with php which acts as a bridge between ownCloud and MediaTomb which has to be installed on the system independently from ownCloud obviously.
Or we could integrate it as an optional feature into the existing media app.

@Robin: What do you think?

Cheers
Frank