[Owncloud] book

Jos Poortvliet jos at opensuse.org
Mon Jan 2 15:43:25 UTC 2012

On Saturday, December 31, 2011 13:19:12 Frank Karlitschek wrote:
> A crazy idea popped up lately.
> It would be cool to have a book about ownCloud. Documentation, Tips and
> Tricks, Setup, HowTo write Apps, ...
>
> Does someone have the skilsl and time to write a book like this?  :-)

a BOOK is really a big project... But maybe, maybe. As I said to you before -
I want to do a more extensive article on deploying owncloud. Expanding that to
cover a number of scenario's and then going into usecases (eg image gallery,
music player etc) and finally some developer stuff, yeah, would be possible.
The dev stuff a developer has to write, but the other things I could try to
work on.

As a matter of fact, you inspired me to make a skeleton book already, writing
the introduction, a part of the deployment and some more... I'll focus now
first on finishing that article on deploying it via a Virtual Machine image
and then go through some other scenario's. There's quite some ground to cover
if you want to be complete, however, and I don't expect to have that much time
until at least Februari. Anyone interested in helping out - lemme know. If a
few people are serious about this we can discuss exactly how to do it...

/Jos