[Owncloud] scalable ownCloud setup for university department

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 18:34:22 UTC 2012

Hi,

the Faculty Computing Facility group at my university doesn't allow
the installation of the Dropbox client on the supported machines,
because of security and privacy concerns. On a note on their webpage,
they write that "they are investigating the possibility of providing a
local equivalent". I wanted to propose ownCloud as alternative to
Dropbox, but I first want to know how scalable it is.
Has anyone tried an ownCloud setup with 100+ users?

Alessandro (zimba12)