[Owncloud] Versioning of files on the server

Andreas Schneider asn at cryptomilk.org
Mon Feb 27 09:40:14 UTC 2012

On Sunday 26 February 2012 19:08:31 you wrote:
> I would suggest looking at how folks behind BUP extended git format to
> support large files,
> because git is really inappropriate for this as-is.

They didn't extend the git format, the format is still the same. Then don't go
trough xdelta, which would be slow and use a lot of memory. They use the
rolling checksum algorithm to create 8192kb blobs an then store it in the git
format. The stuff they do is pretty clever and that's the only way git scales
for large files (files larger than a view megabytes).

	-- andreas

--
Andreas Schneider                   GPG-ID: F33E3FC6
www.cryptomilk.org                asn at cryptomilk.org