[Owncloud] [GSoC 2012] Project Idea - Mozilla sync integration

Supreet Pal Singh supreetpal at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 14:04:01 UTC 2012

Alessandro
Thanks. Do you recommend emailing Jakob privately or just addressing him in
the mail to this mailing list? Also, if you could confirm that <*mail*@
jakobsack.de> is his email address as it has not been specified in the link
provided by you. :)

Kunal
I have worked a bit with Python before and I believe it is not all that
difficult to get things done , on the contrary it is relatively easier to
accomplish things using Python if you are familiar with basic syntax and
working , which I am. Other than that I am pretty comfortable with PHP and
I guess only reading Python code will be a requirement of this project
which should not be a problem for me.

**

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 5:16 AM, Alessandro Cosentino <cosenal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> this idea has already been reported on this page:
> http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2012/Ideas#Project:_Mozilla_sync_integration
>
> There it's also specified who the mentor is.
>
> Alessandro
>

> On Sat, Feb 25, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Supreet Pal Singh <supreetpal at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hey
>> As you may have understood from the subject that I am interested in
>> working for the project idea "Mozilla Sync Integration". Hence, I would be
>> needing your help to set things up and get started. :)
>> I have been involved with KDE since the past 1 year, mainly working on
>> Qt/QML for digiKam <http://www.digikam.org/>development and a part of
>> the team which authored/published Beginner's Guide to KDE Development<http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/>[
>> dot<http://dot.kde.org/2012/02/05/kde-development-%E2%80%93-beginners-guide>] [
>> lulu<http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/beginning-kde-development/18849700?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1>]. The reason I am interested in this project is that I am also a web
>> developer and have worked extensively on web technologies, I have
>> experience working with HTML , CSS , JS , PHP , MySQL , AJAX , JOOMLA and a
>> bit of Google AppEngine. You can find my CV here <http://goo.gl/TZ8Ns>.
>>
>> I would appreciate a quick reply either directing me to the email address
>> of the mentor or preferably some directions on how to go about the project.
>> Thanks in advance. :)
>>

>> Links above:
>> 1.http://www.digikam.org/
>> 2.http://flossmanuals.net/kde-guide/