[Owncloud] modularization

Thomas Wanderer newsabos at nurfuerspam.de
Tue Feb 21 13:24:40 UTC 2012

Am 20.02.2012 20:14, schrieb Thomas Wanderer:
> @modularization: I find this quite important! Being a Synology Disk
> Station user for some time I noticed that they want to break their
> web-frontenddown into a core and modular applications too...wow...of
> course this are not the big news but I thought it might be helpful as
> another source of input to see what other (commercial) projects plan.

Here is a link to their current demo webapp:
http://originwww.synology.com/products/dsm_livedemo.php?lang=enu

I think OC targets another direction (e.g. not hardware bound) but I
find of course many similarities. It's a good source for inspiration,
not copying ;-) Also I have no clue what they use for WebDav, but it
seems they have a very sophisticated file properties model behind, as
they allow to share via ftp, smb, webdav, support window acls, etc.