[Owncloud] Apache Security and two small issues

Roland van Laar roland at micite.net
Sun Feb 12 11:34:36 UTC 2012

Hello,

This is my first time contributing to Owncloud.
Thanks for the project and the code.

I'm using Ubuntu and Apache and followed the instructions on: [1]. After
the set up my whole data directory and the owncloud.db sqlite database
was accessible via the browser.

Could this be fixed by having an .htaccess file in the user directory?
Or is it better to install owncloud as a virtualHost?

Could there be more documentation on securing the install on a linux server?

Furthermore, is there a way to clone the owncloud site including the
data, so I can do a pull request
when I have some documentation?

I also found two small issues regarding documentation:
1) The link to http://owncloud.org/contribute/development-setup/ on
https://gitorious.org/owncloud and
https://gitorious.org/owncloud/pages/Home is broken.

2) On http://owncloud.org/support/setup-and-installation/linux-server/