[Owncloud] Help needed with Patch to set the mtime via webdav

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Fri Feb 10 10:40:24 UTC 2012

Hi,

I committed a patch today ( http://bit.ly/wVrb2u ) that allows to set
the mtime of files with webDAV via propset, something we need to do
proper syncing.

I'd like to ask for help with a problem that the filesystem cache is not
properly updated by this operation.

I debuged that far:
The mtime is correctly set in the file system.
OC_FilesystemView has a method setFileMtime, which is implemented by
calling basicOperation. This one fires a after_write signal, which is
handled in the FileCache by method fileSystemWatcherWrite. From there it
goes down to scanFile to update the data.

In scanFile, the method stat is called on the view. This one does not
the return the real new mtime from the file in the filesystem, but the
one which is stored in DB.

Robin, is it possible that the stat call takes the values from the cache
instead of real stat'ing ? I am kind of lost in the redirections ;-)

Thanks,

Klaas