[Owncloud] ownCloud Password

Arthur Schiwon (Blizzz) blizzz at owncloud.com
Wed Feb 8 10:25:50 UTC 2012

Hey,

On Tuesday 07 February 2012 21:28:49 Parker, Joshua wrote:
> I am working on an automatic installer script
very great!

> but need help with the last
> bit which is the password. What method does ownCloud use to encrypt
> passwords before saving it to the database? Thanks for your help.
I guess you refer to the admin user account? That method is up to the specific
user backend. In the installation process this is the default user database
backend. The password then is hashed using sha1. The best thing would be to
actually use the built-in methods as in setup.php line 228ff.

Cheers
Arthur

> Josh Parker WordPress Consultant
> Joshua Parker
> WordPress Consultant & PHP Developer
> 888.255.1798 x701
> Skype: seven-media
>
> 7 Media Web Solutions, LLC
> www.7mediaws.org
> Twitter	Linkedin	Josh Parker :: WordPress Consultant	Skype	Google+
WordPress