[Owncloud] Owncloud authentication

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 17:15:30 UTC 2012

Hi

I've asked before, but I'll ask again given how well v5 is shaping up...

Currently I use mySQL because this is what I'm comfortable with.  I already
have one database with all my users so I'd like to authenticate against
that.

Is there an easy way to do that?

The first time I looked/googled, it did not appear to be the case and
authenticating against IMAP (which uses my user DB) seemed to be the
easiest way of doing that.  Sadly, I haven't gotten the IMAP app to
install, despite numerous attempts/approaches, and asking once on the
list.  The dev of that app doesn't seem to be on the list so I'm looking
for an alternative.

Ideally, IMAP auth would be included in the base install.  Then I could
move to sqllite since that seems to be the recommendation.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Simon