[Owncloud] Problems using OwnCloud calendar (CalDAV) with Nokia N9 (Meego)

Patric Zimmermann Patric.Zimmermann at physik.tu-berlin.de
Wed Aug 29 21:29:52 UTC 2012

Hey Folks!

First of all. Thanks for the great work you've done. OC is one of the best pieces of software that has been available in recent time.

Anyway, I'm still experiencing some problems when syncing the OC Calendar via CalDAV to my Phone (a Nokia N9 with Meego Harmattan v1.3).

The situation is as follows:
I can create calendar entries on my Laptop and sync it to OC. The entries appear as expected in the OC calender when checked via browser.
Also vice verse; if I create entries via browser in the OC calendar, after a sync they appear on my Laptop. Cool so far.

But... syncing to the Phone via CalDAV does not deliver any of the entries created on my Laptop or via the OC-webintervace (browser).
One might think, something is wrong with the CalDAV implementation in Meego...Maybe! But, creating an entry on the phone, and syncing to OC
works fine.The entries created on the phone appear in the OC-Kalender as well as on my laptop after syncing.

So, accordingly the only (poor) 'workaround' is, so create vital entries only on the phone... :(

I' am aware of the fact, that this is most likely not really an OC-issue, bus still I'd like to mention the problem here for two reasons:

1.) Maybe just nobody mentioned it until now, so you are not aware of it - just in case it is a OC issue.
2.) Perhaps someone is reading this having a Meego phone as well and can confirm or disprove this behaviour.

Anyway.... any hint or thought on this is welcome.

Thanks for reading,
Patric