[Owncloud] 4.5 beta 1

Thomas Müller thomas.mueller at tmit.eu
Wed Aug 29 17:31:27 UTC 2012

Am Mittwoch, dem 29.08.2012 um 19:12 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
> On 29.08.2012, at 08:52, Thomas Müller <thomas.mueller at tmit.eu> wrote:
>

> > Am Mittwoch, dem 29.08.2012 um 17:44 schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> We are getting closer.
> >> I just uploaded beta 1
> >> owncloud.org/releases/owncloud-4.5.0-beta1.tar.bz2
> >> Feature freeze is now in effect so please only commit bugfixes from now on. New features should go into branches.
> >>
> >> Please give it a hard test.
> >
> > As we have failing testcases on git master it was not the best time to tag beta1.
> >
> > :-/
>
> I guess that´s the difference between a beta and a final ;-)

Well - I would agree if we are talking about some GUI glitch what so ever.

But the breaking file cache is a regression which appeared yesterday and nobody up to
now judged how critical this one is.

I cannot judge myself on this as I have neither the time nor any conceptual idea on
what this file_cache is about.

Frank, in the worst case you have to send beta2 tomorrow as soon as one of the devs
tonight on irc will have a look and say: Holy shit - what have I done!

Any tester on the community will need to rerun their testing within a short
period of time and get for sure mad because it was a simple waste of time - waste of
free time which could have been spent better with a good book, friends, family, sleep ......

It's a matter of profession from my point of view.

> Thanks a lot for doing the tests by the way

No problem - but it would be good to get some more support from the
developers/community in terms of monitoring the builds and see, what is broken.

Take care,

Tom aka DeepDiver