[Owncloud] Sync Icons

Matthias Wulkow mylists at saasweb.net
Fri Aug 24 16:17:38 UTC 2012

Hello everyone,

I just want to jump into this topic as I believe it is more relevant
than many people think... at least with a visible activity feedback,
what happened to me today, wouldn't have..

I copied quite a lot of files and folders from my work pc into my
owncloud folder and waited, as for sure I know that files need a certain
time to be uploaded. When I thought time is enough, I quit and went
home. Now, at home, I see that half of the files are missing..

Some visual feedback about sync status is very important!! ;-) I believe
that the dropbox icon is a good option; a general "syncing status" like
a colored/animated ownCloud icon on the task bar or so could be already
helpful.

Best regards to everyone and enjoy the week-end

Matthias