[Owncloud] sync problem

pub at noend.fr pub at noend.fr
Thu Aug 23 15:19:21 UTC 2012

Hello, and thank you

thank you for all the developments that you did for this great product.
I use owncloud since version 3.0 and it makes my life easier.

I am not a developer, but a very hard user

today
the server is version 4.0.6
my clients are version 1.0.5

I use the client owncloud on 3 different machines
- 1 macmini: under snowleopard with an ADSL connection without proxy
- 1 MacBook: under snowleopard with different ADSL connections with and
without proxy
- 1 pc in windows XP on corporate network with proxy.

I encounter some problems with synchronization between clients and the
server it generates an increase sometimes large disk space used.
Indeed, when a conflict takes place, the file will create a second time
with a "conflict."

Is it possible to set a priority?
if a file is in conflict then the priority sync would
- Either from the client to the server
- Either from the server to the client

choice would be configured by the user?

it could therefore lead to register clients on the server. (Increased
security?)

your opinion?

-- bests regards

-- Thierry