[Owncloud] ReDo: Question about token based Authentication

Борислав Събев badganaka at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:49:12 UTC 2012

Firstly sorry that I didn't initially send this from my registered email.
That's why I'm doing it now.

Hello all.

I'm new to the owncloud community so let me introduce myself. You already
know my name, but for the sake of correctness it's Borislav Sabev.
Currently I'm a PHP developer at my workplace, a Python dev and GNU Linux
enthusiast by hearth.

So with this said I can continue to the question at hand. Firstly is there
token based authentication (authorization) in the core system?
After digging through the core, db and apps we found that there is somekind
of a token generated in *oc_preferences*:

userid: ******
appid: login
configkey: token
configvalue: TheTokenItSelf

Can this be used for tokenizing access to the cloud via mobile apps? We
would like to add such support as (maybe) an app, but because of scarse
(next to none actually) documentation we don't know where to begin. I've
looking at the code for a day and a half now and we're nowhere past knowing
that we should use the hooks system. Our requirement states that we should
provide token based Authorization in conjunction with LDAP Authentication.
My question requires more of a technical guideline than as to how to
proceed. A big drawback is that the Class inheritance
diagram<http://api.owncloud.org/graph_class.html>does not load. So any
ideas and info on the core auth system flow?

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
   Borislav.