[Owncloud] Improvement for the required version test blocking apps

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Wed Aug 22 13:52:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,
indeed, good reasons were given for more detailed dependency checks.

I myself want to add that one of my apps (Shorty-Tracking) depends on another
app being installed and enabled (Shorty). Currently all I can do is silently
disable the first app again if at runtime it detects that the second app is
not present. This is certainly not convenient from a users point of view.
A dependency check that allows to test if another app is present at install
time certainly would make sense.

So a more complex check setup might be of interest once this issue is
addressed. _If_ it is addressed and dealt with at all. I just made a
suggestion, since from my point of view this currently is an annoying
situation. But certainly others have a better position to decide upon
priorities.

Christian Reiner (arkascha)
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]