[Owncloud] 4.5 alpha 1

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Tue Aug 21 17:45:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

I have build the 4.5 alpha 1 tar file:
http://owncloud.org/releases/owncloud-4.5.0-alpha1.tar.bz2

It is important to note that this is only a development snapshot. Full feature freeze is scheduled for next monday. I suggest to merge your features as soon as possible because we move to github next weekend which can cause some downtime.

Now that ownCloud is approaching a major release, a formal testing process is
being organized. We are looking for any users that would like to participate
in the next release and improve the quality of ownCloud. No programming
experience is necessary. If you would like to get involved visit:
http://owncloud.org/dev/testing

The quality of ownCloud is not only the responsibility of the developers, but
the entire community.

Thanks a lot.

Frank