[Owncloud] Improvement for the required version test blocking apps

Christian Reiner foss at christian-reiner.info
Tue Aug 21 10:45:56 UTC 2012

Hello all !

> On Sunday 19 August 2012 19:42:17 you wrote:
> just to add little more things to the discution,
> it would be great if there were also a requirement checker about other
> things like php modules, or even plateform ...
> This way, the user has all informations he need :)

To me it sounds like these checks should be requested as a part of the install
or upgrade routines. That is where the environment owncloud is meant to be
installed into should be checked.

This discussion was about the check blocking or enabling single apps inside an
existing owncloud installation. Though certainly possible I doubt adding such
checks at this point brings any advantage. Such basic aspects must be checked
and fulfilled to get owncloud running anyway. Is there any benefit if these
aspects are checked again and again, each time an app is installed or enabled?

--
arkascha
[ foss at christian-reiner.info ]