[Owncloud] error with special characters?

Marcos Mezo mmezo at selexco.net
Thu Aug 16 20:05:22 UTC 2012

>Anyone?  We have some files beginning with _.  Could that be doing it?
>I have several tens of files like that, so I hate to try changing them
>all just to find out that isn't the issue.
>
>Trey Nolen

I wouldn't rename them.

I've not looked at it, but I'd say it has nothing to do with the filenames and it's a problem with the database schema instead.

Probably there is a join beetween two tables and they have diferent "collations" (lets say character sets) in the definitions of the fields that are compared.
One table was probably created with the default collation (seems your system is using latin_swedish) and the other one specified it explicitly at creation time UTF-8.

If you have any programs to view/modify your database schema i'd follow that route and leave just one collation (utf8_general_ci). Probably someone with more experience with owncloud's codebase and database format can direct you to the tables you have to look at.

Marcos Mezo

>>  On 08/15/2012 09:32 PM, Trey Nolen wrote:
>>/  I've got a folder which displays fine in the web interface. However,
/>>/  if you try to mount it with webdav (in Linux, OS X, using Netdrive,
/>>/  etc.), you get an error.   Pointing a browser to
/>>/  https://servername/remote.php/webdave/Shared/foldername  results in this:
/>>/
/>/>  <d:error>
/>/>       <s:exception>PDOException</s:exception>
/>/>  <s:message>
/>/>          SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations
/>/>  (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
/>/>  operation '='
/>/>  </s:message>
/>/>  <s:sabredav-version>1.6.3</s:sabredav-version>
/>/>  </d:error>
/>>/
///