[Owncloud] error with special characters?

Trey Nolen support at internetpro.net
Thu Aug 16 02:32:43 UTC 2012

I've got a folder which displays fine in the web interface. However, if
you try to mount it with webdav (in Linux, OS X, using Netdrive, etc.),
you get an error.   Pointing a browser to
https://servername/remote.php/webdave/Shared/foldername results in this:

<d:error>
      <s:exception>PDOException</s:exception>
<s:message>
         SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1267 Illegal mix of collations
(latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for
operation '='
</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.6.3</s:sabredav-version>
</d:error>

Any idea what character(s) could be causing this?  I'm assuming it is
some special character in a filename.  This particular folder has about
500 files in it.

Trey Nolen