[Owncloud] Timezone issues

Dennis little.guitar at gmx.net
Tue Aug 14 12:02:51 UTC 2012

Hello,

one of colleagues tried to sync his computer with owncloud.
He uses sync-client version 1.0.4 released a few days ago.

The problem is that our colleagues are abroad and their timezone is
different from the timezone on our vserver where Owncloud is hosted.
Therefor he gets the following error message everytime he trys to sync
with owncloud:

    Syncing Error.

    The system time on this client is different than the system time on
    the server. Please use a time synchronization service (NTP) on the
    server and client machines so that the times remain the same.

Is the only way around this to sync his time on the macbook with that of
our vserver?
Does the timezone setting in the personal settings of the owncloud
account affect this issue in any way?

Kind regards

Dennis