[Owncloud] user-specified timezone

Alessandro Cosentino cosenal at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 14:43:58 UTC 2012

In the code of the News app, I am storing a timestamp of each item (for
example, in a blog, it is the time and date when the article has been
posted). Since the timezone specified in the feed might differ from the one
of the ownCloud server, I convert it before storing.
Now the problem is what I should show to the single user. His timezone
might again differ from the one of the owncloud server. I have been told by
Michael that the Calendar app allows the user to change the timezone. Would
it be possible to pull this setting out of the Calendar app and move it
among the core settings of the user? Even better, we could provide a public
util function that would adjust the time given as input and return it based
on the user's timezone (again, Michael's suggestion).

Thanks,
Alessandro