[Owncloud] Heavy LDAP user search

Dirk Kastens dirk.kastens at uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Aug 10 07:02:55 UTC 2012

Hi Manual,

> When I set the size limit, ldap_serch will only return X entries, so
> autocompletion will only work on those X entries and I'll be unable to
> share the file with anyone beyond X.
>
> Is this right? or am I missing something?

Theoretically you're right. But with autocompletion, the more letters
you type, the less users will match. For example, you will share a file
with user tomcat: you type "t" and will get a list of 100 users out of
2000 that start with a "t". Then you type "o" and now you will see all
50 users that start with "to". This is the way autocompletion works with
SOGo. But if owncloud will only use the initial list of users that is
found after typing the first letter, this will not work. So it depends
on how owncloud's autocompletion is implemented.

Dirk