[Owncloud] Directory reference wrong?

Dennis little.guitar at gmx.net
Wed Aug 8 13:19:05 UTC 2012

Hi,

first of all i have to say thank you for owncloud and the work all of
you put into the community version.
I run Owncloud on our little linux vserver to give a few people cloud
access and the oppurtunity to synchronize files between their cloud and
the computer they are working on.

The DocumentRoot in my apache2 configuration file is /home/homeserve/web
and configured with

AllowOverride None
Order deny,allow
deny from all
allow from 127.0.0.1

The owncloud files are under */home/homeserve/web/owncloud*
Of course i "allow from all" for the owncloud directory.

Unfortunately apache2 gives me the following error message a lot of
times for example when i try to connect with the sync-client to my owncloud

....client denied by server configuration: /home/homeserve/web/Documents

What i don`t understand is that the error.log refers to
/home/homeserve/web/Documents while it should refer to
home/homeserve/web/*owncloud*/data/User_xy/Documents because thats where
the owncloud files are located.
Is there any reason why apache2 assumes that the owncloud files are
directly located under /home/homeserve/web and not in
/home/homeserve/web/owncloud?

Thank you in advance for your help.