[Owncloud] special characters in filenames

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Fri Aug 3 10:08:25 UTC 2012

On 08/03/2012 11:06 AM, Klaas Freitag wrote:
>> The thing with WebDAV, FTP and all that stuff is – we should
>> discourage people from using WebDAV or FTP or anything manually. Just
>> use the web interface or the clients.
> No, please not. Taking away WebDAV from ownCloud would be like taking
> away the roof of a house. We flexibility we offer is one of the big plus
> of ownCloud.

WebDAV is not a problem, as it goes via ownCloud. BUT: access without
going through ownCloud might be pretty high, if you do:
- automatic file jobs (e.g. copying backups; deletion of old files)
- use external storage, esp. when they are also used in with sharing
scenarios (DropBox, SMB Shares)

You'd need to actively and really block the files from other access (i
doubt it's possible) and, as Klaas said, it kills our flexibility.

Cheers
Arthur