[Owncloud] special characters in filenames

Thomas Tanghus thomas at tanghus.net
Thu Aug 2 20:32:50 UTC 2012

On Thursday 02 August 2012 12:58 Jan-Christoph Borchardt wrote:
> The thing with WebDAV, FTP and all that stuff is – we should
> discourage people from using WebDAV or FTP or anything manually. Just
> use the web interface or the clients.

Using WebDAV is done with a client and a protocol that happens to be
implemented in ownCloud. If ownCloud had implemented it's own FTP server -
*shudder* - it would be OK as well.
The point is that the data should not be accessed directly be either modifying
the filesystem or the database.
Being able to access ownCloud with other than the WUI and the official clients
should imho be a focal point for ownCloud.

--
Med venlig hilsen / Best Regards

Thomas Tanghus