[Owncloud] sync client - In your face vs silent start

Klaas Freitag freitag at owncloud.com
Wed Apr 25 15:09:22 UTC 2012

On 25.04.2012 13:43, Pascal d'Hermilly wrote:
> Den 25-04-2012 11:18, Klaas Freitag wrote:
>> Sure. Please do a bug-report or feature request on http://bugs.owncloud.org
> I posted it to the mailing list because it is about a design principle, not a bug/wish.

Yes, I see.

One question remains for me: We probably want to say somewhere what it
is, what license it has, the author, what version is running, where the
  projects homepage is, where you can buy support and such. Basically
that spoils down to an url pointing to the projects website and a little
text, maybe a beautiful graphic.
Where do we place it and how?

1. add an "About..." link to the tray and open a dialog showing it.
2. put it to the status dialog somehow.

What do you suggest?

Klaas