[Owncloud] App Requirements

Jörn Friedrich Dreyer jfd at butonic.de
Thu Apr 19 16:29:01 UTC 2012

Am 19.04.2012 17:27 schrieb "Robin Appelman" <icewind at owncloud.com>:
> [ ... reimplementing package management is hell ... ]
+1

> Klaas wrote: For the beginning, I would leave it with a "This app
requires the PHP GD module. Please make sure to install it."
+1

> Robin wrote: [ ... check php functions / extensions are available ... ]
This is a different problem and I second the idea of checking some of the
functions as can already be seen on the admin settings page. Especially if
we want to provide apps on the fly we need a distro independet way of
checking the required php extensions.

I would, however, stay away from versioning for now. Maybe the app itself
can deal with that in a sane way?

So long

Jörn