[Owncloud] App Requirements

Tom Needham tom at owncloud.com
Wed Apr 18 21:30:35 UTC 2012

> Hey Tom,
>
> actually I wrote a proposal about dependencies of apps (mainly apps depending on other apps) to this mailing list on 8th of april, hoping to start a constructive discussion about it...

Hi Florian!,

I remember this now! I think it is also important (and a common use case) that apps need to require specific functions / classes that might need to be installed by a systems administrator. But you're idea of requiring other ownCloud apps is also valid! We could include <app> elements in the <requirements> section like you have demonstrated.

We can also put in a requirement for the php version, and owncloud version.

Cheers,
Tom

Tom Needham
tom at owncloud.com