[Owncloud] ownCloud 4 release schedule

Frank Karlitschek frank at owncloud.org
Mon Apr 16 14:30:26 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

it´s time to plan the ownCloud 4 release schedule.

I propose this plan:

27.4.  Feature Freeze / Release alpha (All big new features should be merged)
4.5.   Release beta (All feature branches has to be merged. Only bugfix commits allowed)
11.5.  Release RC (Only showstopper bugfixes allowed)
18.5.  Release ownCloud 4 final tar-file to packagers
22.5.  Release ownCloud 4 final

The release is planed a bit later than expected mainly because more time is needed for important features like versioning.
We will be back at the 3 month release schedule with ownCloud 5 for sure. :-)

Does this make sense? Feedback welcome.

Please add all your features here. This is useful when we write the release announcement.
https://gitorious.org/owncloud/pages/OwnCloud4Features

Cheers
Frank