[Owncloud] Possible to extend OwnCloud to sync Zotero databases?

Felix Lenders fl at felixlenders.de
Sun Apr 15 08:27:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

I use the popular Zotero [1] as a reference manager. It has a sqlite
database to store metadata and has a data directory to store files.
Currently it is possible to synchronize a Zotero database via their website
and the data via either their website or webdav.

For me it would make owncloud more or less complete if it could fully handle
my literature with it. What is missing is database synchronization. Since
Zotero is opensource (GPL) and as it seems has a good API documentation [2],
I think it should be doable in principle.

What do you think about it?

Felix

1: zotero.org, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zotero
2: http://www.zotero.org/support/dev/server_api