[Owncloud] Display big user lists

Gronies, Thomas Gronies at uni-wuppertal.de
Fri Apr 13 11:43:49 UTC 2012

Hi,

first of all congratulations to this great software. This is exactly what we were searching for.
Now, as I configured the LDAP user backend to use the User List filter I noticed the following issue.

Our database contains round about 20k users. If I want to list all users in "users" there is the problem, that owncloud uses a HTML table over all entries. This causes the browser to have a lot to do, waste a lot of memory and there is nothing to see.
Is it possible to split the result in separate pages? I mean that per page there are e.g. 100 results and you can browse by clicking on next/prev.
Also great would be a search for a user instead of clicking through the list.

Regards,
Thomas

--
Dipl.-Ing. Thomas Gronies, M.Sc.
gronies at uni-wuppertal.de
phone: +49 (202) 439 - 3825
fax: +49 (202) 439 - 2910

Zentrum fuer Informations- und Medienverarbeitung (ZIM)
Bergische Universitaet Wuppertal
Gaussstrasse 20
D-42097 Wuppertal (Germany)