[Owncloud] Extended webfinger app

Arthur Schiwon blizzz at owncloud.com
Thu Apr 12 15:35:51 UTC 2012

Hey,

On 04/03/2012 12:38 AM, Florian Hülsmann wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've recently been working on reimplementing the webfinger protocol for
> ownCloud, so other apps than the remoteStorage plugin can also use it.
> For instructions on how to use webfinger from your app, see the
> /apps/user_webfinger/webfinger.php file. I first thought of something
> like OC_Webfinger::register(), but unfortunately that not possible
> because the OC_Webfinger class must be in classpath before running all
> the appinfo/app.php scripts :-/
>
> I also made the need of a symlink to the .well-known folder obsolete by
> creating a static "host-meta" file during installation (see
> appinfo/install.php). To make this accessible by pure javascript apps,
> the install.php also creates a static .htaccess file which sets some
> additional headers, so to make use of this it's now recommended that you
> have the apache mod_headers activated.

I experience an issue here. I put up a fresh owncloud (git master),
proceeded the installation, finally ending in an error from the
webfinger app instead of the first login mask:

"Could not open /var/www/.well-known/host-meta for writing, please check
permissions!"

ownCloud lies in /var/www/owncloud-master/

/var/www/ belongs by default to root.

Cheers
Arthur