[Owncloud] App breaks ownCloud

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Tue Apr 10 14:34:04 UTC 2012

Yup, I really wonder why the steps of installing and enabling an app are
even separated so it's always installed while the admin hasn't enabled
it manually.

A way to make the apps sandboxed is already used by having the
database.xml, so the app doesn't create it's tables itself but provides
the schemes for them! This could be extended to an install.xml, which
can then contain rewrite rules, .well-known files etc...

Have a nice (hopefully not-so-rainy-as-here) day,

Florian

Am 10.04.2012 16:00, schrieb Frank Karlitschek:
> A agree.
>
> Apps should be sandboxed as much as possible. Unfortunately the option we have in PHP are relatively limited.
> But we should do what we can.
>
> Frank
>

> On 10.04.2012, at 15:58, Georg Ehrke<ownclouddev at georgswebsite.de>  wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> in my opinion we should think anyhow about a kind of sandboxing for apps.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Georg
>>
>> Am 10.04.2012 um 09:12 schrieb Michiel de Jong:
>>
>>> this would be solved if we had regression tests. then there would be a
>>> test saying 'deploy should work even if the doc root is not writable',
>>> and nobody would be able to break anybody else's code, whether part of
>>> an app or part of core.
>>>
>>> i'll fix this bug and also add that regression test, but then someone
>>> needs to run these regression tests on the master branch. has a
>>> decision been taken about that on Saturday?

Florian Hülsmann
<fh at cbix.de>
http://cbix.de