[Owncloud] Proposal for app dependencies

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Sun Apr 8 15:12:28 UTC 2012

Sorry, I know, it's Sunday, but this idea just came to my mind
(literally couldn't do anything!!):

Wouldn't it be nice to set dependencies for apps? I.e. the remoteStorage
app (> 0.6) depends on the webfinger app (> 0.3). This would also make
libraries possible, that could be used by many apps and should not be
integrated into the core app =)

My proposal for defining both dependencies and conflicts in info.xml:

<info>
   <!-- app info -->
   <requires id="required_app">
     <!-- to define specific versions of required_app, optional -->
     <min>0.2</min> <!-- optional -->
     <max>0.5</max> <!-- optional -->
     <version>0.15</version> <!-- a specific version; optional -->
     <version>0.16</version> <!-- optional -->
   </requires>
   <requires id="another_app" />

   <conflicts id="evil_app">
     <max>0.3</max> <!-- same version properties as above -->
   </conflicts>
</info>

And of course the application list/app store only lists compatible apps.

I could work on this, but I'm only free for this again in June at least...

Have a nice day

Florian

--
Florian Hülsmann