[Owncloud] Extended webfinger app

Florian Hülsmann fh at cbix.de
Mon Apr 2 22:38:52 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've recently been working on reimplementing the webfinger protocol for
ownCloud, so other apps than the remoteStorage plugin can also use it.
For instructions on how to use webfinger from your app, see the
/apps/user_webfinger/webfinger.php file. I first thought of something
like OC_Webfinger::register(), but unfortunately that not possible
because the OC_Webfinger class must be in classpath before running all
the appinfo/app.php scripts :-/

I also made the need of a symlink to the .well-known folder obsolete by
creating a static "host-meta" file during installation (see
appinfo/install.php). To make this accessible by pure javascript apps,
the install.php also creates a static .htaccess file which sets some
additional headers, so to make use of this it's now recommended that you
have the apache mod_headers activated.

If you're pulling from master to update, please reinstall the webfinger
app by deleting the .well-known symlink in your document root and
calling owncloud/apps/user_webfinger/appinfo/install.php (with CURL or
your browser, because it needs some server parameters!) I'm not sure if
this could also be done by a built-in upgrade routine, so I'm telling you :P

Hope you are ok with that (it's kind of my first "direct" contribution
to a big FOSS project :D ), have a nice day!

--
Florian Hülsmann
<fh at cbix.de>