[Owncloud] requested URL /owncloud was not found

ryan desfosses rdesfo at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 22:18:58 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm running kubuntu 11.10 beta and I installed owncloud by running the
following commands.

sudo apt-get install apache2 php5 php5-sqlite php5-common mp3info curl
libcurl3 libcurl4-openssl-dev php5-curl zip sqlite  #install
dependencies

git clone git://gitorious.org/owncloud/owncloud.git #download latest package

sudo cp -r owncloud /var/www #copy owncloud to server

cd /var/www; sudo chown -R www-data:www-data owncloud #change permissions

sudo vim /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default #under /var/www and
change AllowOverride None to AllowOverride All

sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart

But now I'm getting the following error when I got to
/localhost/owncloud in browser

Not Found

The requested URL /owncloud was not found on this server.

would any one be able to help me?

Thanks,
Ryan