[Owncloud] dev status and help offer

Sven sven.assmann at lubico.biz
Wed Sep 14 16:12:29 UTC 2011

Hi,

at first my gitorious username is sassman

The issue of "figure out what features the server side app supports" is a
general problem. So it is also neccessary to have a version number, to check
if the (android-)client is combatible to the server application.

To solve this issue it would be the best to have a own action/url on the
server side that offers some informations to the client. Something like:
version number, supported applications (contacts, calendar etc..), supported
protocols etc. can make sense to me.

So the next steps for me are:
- take a closer look at the goole contacts api
- figure out how the webdav lookup implementation (especial for contacts) in
owncloud works

maybe i have additional questions to these topics.

but for now have big thanks for the nice welcome.

--
Sven