[Owncloud] existing file upload bug, and its consequences

Bartek Przybylski bart.p.pl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 17:33:22 UTC 2011

Hello!
Right now i'm resolving upload overwriting reported here
http://owncloud.shapado.com/questions/oc-does-not-handle-uploading-overwriting
while research and looking for a way to solving i found that OC is not
handling any upload error, storage limitation and such.
That's why i wanted to propose new upload engine which will allow us
to do the upload, and handle all the errors which can occurs.
Basic idea is to introduce 2step uploading.
First phase is "uploading preparation" which will contain asking
server for already existing file, available space, permissions and
such.
Second phase will be triggered after successful response from server
after phase 1, here also user will be able to handle all errors,
existing files, quota at the end etc...
I think it might not me possible to do it in one commit, so i wanted
to ask you is anyone able to provide me some help while working on
branch ?
Or maybe you have better idea to solve this problem/problems?

Bartek