[Owncloud] WIKI Access for Gentoo Installation Notes

Antony McLellan amclellan1 at gofast.co.uk
Fri Sep 2 07:50:12 UTC 2011

Hi,

I am trying to establish a method of installing ownCloud on Gentoo linux
while waiting for  ownCloud to be added to portage (the gentoo package
manager)

I have a set of instructions which work for me and I would like to add
them to the http://owncloud.org/ wiki, but I seem unable to edit the wiki.

Is any access allowed?

For interest my rough notes are attached.

Many thanks

theDuck

download latest version to

/var/www/localhost/htdocs/

and extract using tar -xvf ....

rename directory to owncloud

mv owncloud-owncloud owncloud

chown -R apache:apache owncloud

nano -w /etc/apache2/vhosts.d/00_default_vhost.conf to include:

<Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/owncloud>

    AllowOverride All

    Order allow,deny

    allow from all

</Directory>