[Owncloud] Owncloud Feedback

Jan-Christoph Borchardt JanCBorchardt at fsfe.org
Fri Sep 2 05:26:19 UTC 2011

Hey Andreas and Jakob,

On Thu, September 1, 2011 20:25, Jakob Sack wrote:
>> There should be a top bar like in the calender with a button
>> addressbooks where you can display the addressbooks to display.
>
> I planned to do this but I was told that The User only has one
> addressbook, there are no usecases for multiple addressbooks and that
> having several addressbooks is confusing. As I am a developer and not a
> user I decided to leave it this way and edit the database manually.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear:
What I think Andreas means (and what I also meant) is that there should be
a function to group contacts (not 2 layers like addressbooks and groups).
How that is achieved in the backend (groups, addressbooks, whatever) I
frankly don’t care that much. But in the frontend, it should be called
"Groups", like in most other (web) contact managers.

Andreas, your suggestions are all valid and either planned features or
fixes. :)